Author Topic: tascam 424mkIII  (Read 14 times)

avicitiffany

• View Profile
tascam 424mkIII
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »
Hello,
i am contemplating the purchase of one of these and was wondering if i could find some stuff out. with this could i record with all 4 tracks (2 guitars, 2 drum mic's), and then lay vocals on top of that? i know it doesn't have xlr outs on channels 5/6 so i was wondering if i could still do that. also i was wondering if there was any way i could hook up monitors or something to it, i believe it has outs for that. any overall feedback on this machine would be appreciated. right now its looking like a good buy. any answers to those questions is greatly appreciated...later
Please if anyone has any information about it please help me out, i've been trying to serach it everywhere but didnt find any proper solution for it, please if anyone has a proper and exact information please help me out

Please help.
Thanks!
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:http://homerecording.com/bbs/user-forums-by-brand/tascam-user-forum/tascam-424mkiii-50068/

Alternative Energy Marketing Examples

exodus

• View Profile
Re: tascam 424mkIII
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:11:10 AM »
The answer is yes but you have to bounce tracks.  So you record tracks 1-3 then record all of those to track 4. Then you can record over 1-3 and wind up with 6.  Some people bounce tracks 1-3 to a different source such as a computer or cassette deck then back to track 1 or if you want stereo track 1 and 2.  It does have monitor outs and line outs.  There are also tape direct outputs for each of the 4 tracks that bypass all mixer functions.